SLD-Magic: Superior Cold Work Tool Steel
An ideal metal for dies due to its easy machinability, reduced dimensional change from heat treatment, and impressive durability and hardness characteristics, Hitachi’s exclusive SLD-Magic cold work tool steel is an exceptional choice for an array of die applications, including:
- Bending and blanking dies for automotive parts
- Blanking dies for electrical appliances
- Hydroforming dies
- Cold press dies
- Wear Resistance – SLD-Magic improves wear resistance by 35% compared to 8%Cr steel due to improved carbide morphology; this leads to improved workable mold life.
- Surface Treatment – Adherence of surface treatments to SLD-Magic is improved by 30% over 8%Cr steel.
- Heat Treatment – Deformation from heat treatment is reduced by 40% when compared to 8%Cr steel.
- Machinability – Machinability is increased by 35% over 8%Cr steel.